Waggin' Tail Kennels was established in 1985 by Dan and Fran Nelsen. Their dream was to relocate from Brooklyn, NY to the countryside, and start a kennel in beautiful New Jersey. Dan and Fran saw potential in what was originally a turkey farm in Flanders. They made their vision a reality, and created a state of the art boarding facility.
In 1999, the restoration and re-purposing of the original barn structure was complete and allowed for a 2nd floor, used exclusively for cat boarding. Later that year, Mount Olive Chamber of Commerce awarded Dan and Fran the Beautification Award for their efforts to transform and improve the old barn into the two story kennel it is today.
In 2011, Fran tragically lost her battle with cancer. Dan remains the resident, owner and continues to manage the kennel. Our dedicated team is on site everyday to oversee daily kennel operations and provide the best service for all the animals in our care. Dan Nelsen's canine experience includes:
- Over 45 years of dog training experience (obedience, guard, attack)
- Breeding German Shepherds & Vizslas
- Over 25 years of dog showing experience
- Over 40 years of grooming experience for all dog breeds and cats
- Owned and operated a dog grooming and pet supply business in New York
- Commercial Boarding License
Pictures From Our Past
Please select any image to view larger.